WALK FOR GOOD FOOD - IN YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD!
Walk anytime between May 3 – 13
In light of the COVID-19 Pandemic we are making needed adjustments to this year’s Walk for Good Food. The goal of the Walk is to fund non-profit organizations that address issues of food access and poverty. Right now, inequities in our food system are heightened as the most vulnerable in our community are impacted by COVID-19 through loss of income, access to meals, and more. We need a Good Food System that functions for everyone, especially in times of crisis. The non-profit organizations receiving funding from this year’s walk need your support in this difficult season as we work together to create a thriving food system for all. We are all working hard to meet the challenges of COVID-19 in our community right now.
This year, we are inviting you to Walk for Good Food in your own neighborhood. While there are many things in place to stop the spread of COVID-19 in our community, you can still go for a walk! You do need to continue to follow social distancing guidelines and other directives made by public health officials and government leaders. We encourage you to walk individually or with your household and maintain a six feet distance from anyone else. You can do your walk anytime between May 3rd and May 13th. Follow along with others via Access’ social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter) and our website using #walk4goodfood2020. We also encourage you to use Facebook Live and Instagram Live, plus adding to your stories to share updates about your walk.
Here’s how it will work:
- Individuals can sign up or teams can sign up on our Walk website. A congregation, organization, or business can create a team together, but they will not physically walk together. Teams can still work together to meet a group fundraising goal.
- All information on the Walk can be found on the Walk website – look for creative ideas, recommended pathways, and inspiration for your Walk journey.
- Walkers/Teams can choose to walk in whatever way fits. The Walk is typically a 5K, so we encourage walkers and teams to find a route that matches that – either all at once or split up over multiple days.
- Walkers and teams can share on social media via photos, live videos, and posts about their walk. Access will share walker’s stories and posts, and we can stay connected through #Walk4GoodFood2020.
- All walkers are encouraged to fundraise support for their walk! This funding will support local non-profit organizations working to address food access and poverty in our community.
- Why Walk? Not only will walking create an opportunity to raise needed funds for an important, relevant cause in our community at this time, but it will get people outside and moving! During a time of social distancing and isolation, we want to encourage healthy movement and connectedness while supporting a thriving food system.
2020 Walk For Good Food Sponsors
To leverage our expertise in food distribution and retail to develop, activate and provide impactful solutions that exceed expectations for associates, customers and partners.
National Heritage Academies
We believe children can reach their full potential with a great college-prep education and a strong moral focus program. Our goal is to help children develop the knowledge, skills, and moral strength they need to succeed in high-school, college, and in life.