This list details the modified food services at the Pantry Resource Centers throughout Kent County as response to COVID-19. This is information is evolving and we will update it regularly. If you would like to help, see “needed resources” for each site. Please consider financial support to the Pantry Resource Centers and Access of West Michigan as we work together to respond to COVID-19. If you are seeking additional services, please call 211, they will be updating information regularly. Trying to find your local pantry? Use this Pantry Location Finder through the Access website, type in your address to make sure you connect with the pantry closest to you.
List updated as of July 9, 2020.
Baxter Community Center, 935 Baxter St SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49506, Phone: (616) 456-8593
- Serving the Baxter community only.
Byron Community Ministries, 8250 Byron Creek Dr, Byron Center, MI 49315, Phone: (616) 878-6000
- Beginning June 1, appointment only. Pantry hours Monday 3-5 and Wednesday 11-2
- Call 878-6000 to schedule appt. Masks required, social distancing and only ONE person per family allowed in the building. Curb side pick-up available for those in at risk groups or without child care. USDA Commodities pick up by appointment during pantry hours. We will continue to distribute personal care items and use of the Clothing Closet to only the families that live in the Byron Center area. During the months of USDA distribution (June, September, Dec, March) we will continue to serve food to anyone in need that lives in Kent Co. with a scheduled appointment.
Flat River Outreach Ministries, 11535 Fulton St E, Lowell Charter Township, MI 49331, Phone: (616) 897-8260
- Eligibility for all food programs: Pantry will be drive-thru style. Eligibility for all food programs: We are serving those from the Lowell Area School district and 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
- Pantry drive-thru service hours: T 2-4 pm, W 5-7 pm, Th 10am-12pm; Mobile food pantry, drive-thru style: March 28, 10am-12pm. Lunch buddies; for school-age children during spring break, pick up is April 7, 1-6 PM
- Needs/Resources: Volunteers during food pantry hours. Accepting food donations of nonperishable items that are
easily prepared by children. Seeking gently used items as donations for thrift store.
The Green Apple Pantry, 4307 Kalamazoo Ave SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49508, Phone: (616) 455-9411
- Pantry will operate with sign-ins via window and box will be left outside for individuals and families. Only serving residents from area. Mobile Market is delivery upon order – taking customer calls and delivering to them.
- Hours: W, Th 9am-3pm, Market open during Pantry hours.
- Needs/Resources: boxes
NECM, 214 Spencer St NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49505, Phone: (616) 454-1097
- Hours: T-Th from 9:00am-12:30p.m. No appointment necessary.
- Clients are to come to the front door (facing Plainfield). They will receive pre-packed boxes with a standard
assortment of food. Client information will be taken down by a volunteer, we are still asking clients to bring a valid ID
with a valid North East Grand Rapids address (and/or ID with a NE address on a recently dated mail). No delivery at
this time, call to inquire about deliveries for special circumstances.
- Needs/Resources: Accepting all food donations between hours of operation. Greatest needs include dry pasta,
canned fruit, canned tuna and canned chicken. Volunteers needed for packing boxes, produce pick up, and data
entry. Call the pantry phone at (616) 454-1097 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
North Kent Connect, 10075 Northland Dr NE, Rockford, MI 49341, Phone: (616) 866-3478
- Pantry will operate as a drive-up with pre-packed food boxes. Serving NKC area only. Thrift store, donations,
market, and farm stand are closed until April 6th. Pantry drive-up operations: M, T, W, Th 9-11am and 1-3pm.
- Needs/Resources: NOT excepting any donations of food or thrift store items at this time.
Northwest Food Pantry, 1224 Davis Ave NW, Grand Rapids, MI 49504, Phone: (616) 451-4036
- Hours: M, W, F 10am-12:00pm
SECOM Resource Center, 1545 Buchanan Ave SW, Grand Rapids, MI 49507, Phone: (616) 452-7684
- Pantry hours (starting July 13): Tuesdays and Wednesdays 9:00am-3:00pm and Fridays 9:00am-12:00pm
- Neighbors will be required to wear a mask inside, only 1 individual per household allowed in the building, no children, and everyone will be temp checked, use hand sanitizer and asked a few health questions upon entering. We will be requiring them to bring the following documents with them, ID’s for everyone in the household, proof of income and expenses if they have it, and a current piece of mail with their address.
Streams of Hope Food Center, 280 60th St SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49548, Phone: (616) 272-3634
- Drive-up pick up service only. Pantry hours: T 6-8pm, Th 11am-1pm, 6-8pm.
The Other Way Ministries, 710 Fulton St W, Grand Rapids, MI 49504, Phone: (616) 454-4011
- Hours: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday 10am-3pm; Tuesday 10am-6pm; Friday 10am-1pm.
- Curb side pick-up available for those in at risk groups or without child care.
UCOM, 1311 Chicago Dr SW, Wyoming, MI 49509, Phone: (616) 241-4006
- Closed to the public. Those in need of food can call to speak with staff.
- Pantry Hours: Mon 1-4pm, Tues/Wed 9-3, Thurs 2-7pm.
- Market is open during pantry hours Tues-Thurs. People can order over the phone ahead of time or walk up and do an order at the door.
Westminster Food Pantry, 47 Jefferson Ave SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49503, Phone: (616) 456-6115
- Grab and go groceries available to clients only from 10:30am-2:30pm on Thursdays (at parking lot door) until further notice.
The Salvation Army Social Services, 1215 East FultonStreet E, Grand Rapids, MI – 49503, Phone: (616) 459-9468
- Monday-Friday 9:00 am- 11:30 am & 1:00 pm-4:00 pm.
- Asking to see documentation for all family members, and will have some precautions in place to ensure that we are being as safe as possible for ourselves and everyone that will come to us for services. We will be allowing 7 clients into our building at a time with masks on (we do have a small number of cloth masks available). Also we will be having extra cleaning done daily of our building. All staff will be wearing masks, and will get their temperature taken upon arriving to work. If a client chooses to not wear a mask in the building then they will have the option to call in to complete their order via phone from their vehicle or outside of the building so that we can still provide food to them as safely as possible.
Family Network of Wyoming, 1029 44th St, Wyoming, MI 49509, (616) 885-9919
- Pantry Hours: M 2:30-5pm, W 1:30-4:30pm
- Only 6 clients will be allowed in the building at a time. Carts will be wiped down in between groups and volunteers will be masked and gloved.
St. Alphonsus Parish, 224 Carrier St NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49505, Phone: (616) 451-3043
- Pantry Hours: M 9am-1pm; T 9am-12:30pm; W 9am-1pm; Th 9am-1pm.
- Shopping for food and pantry items is restricted- only staff and volunteers are allowed in the building. Clients will knock and show ID at the door and be
registered. Staff will bring items to the door and will receive the usual amount based on family size. All other programs cancel