This list details the modified food services at the Pantry Resource Centers throughout Kent County as response to COVID-19. This is information is evolving and we will update it regularly. If you would like to help, see “needed resources” for each site. Please consider financial support to the Pantry Resource Centers and Access of West Michigan as we work together to respond to COVID-19. If you are seeking additional services, please call 211, they will be updating information regularly. Trying to find your local pantry? Use this Pantry Location Finder through the Access website, type in your address to make sure you connect with the pantry closest to you.
List updated as of March 27, 2020.
Baxter Community Center, 935 Baxter St SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49506, Phone: (616) 456-8593
- Marketplace open M-F and is serving the Baxter community only.
Byron Community Ministries, 8250 Byron Creek Dr, Byron Center, MI 49315, Phone: (616) 878-6000
- BCM is pre-packing USDA commodities along with a basic care package of Personal Care needs and distributing in
the parking lot during posted pantry hours. Service will be handled by drive-thru. Families can ask for specific
items for their order.
- Hours of service: M 3-5pm, W 11am-2pm
Flat River Outreach Ministries, 11535 Fulton St E, Lowell Charter Township, MI 49331, Phone: (616) 897-8260
- Eligibility for all food programs: We are serving those from the Lowell Area School district and 200% of the Federal
Poverty Guidelines .
- Pantry drive-thru service hours: M 2-8pm, T 2-430 pm, W 5-8 pm, Th 2-430 pm, F 10-noon
- Mobile food pantry, drive-thru style: March 28, 10am-12pm Lunch buddies; for school-age children during spring
break, pick up is April 7, 1-6 PM
- Needs/Resources: Volunteers during food pantry hours. Accepting food donations of nonperishable items that are
easily prepared by children. Seeking gently used items as donations for thrift store.
The Green Apple Pantry, 4307 Kalamazoo Ave SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49508, Phone: (616) 455-9411
- Pantry will operate with sign-ins via window and box will be left outside for individuals and families. Market open
during pantry hours with no shoppers allowed inside the building, staff will assist with purchases. Only serving
residents from area.
- Hours Open: Mon, Wed, Th 10am-1:45pm and Th 5-7pm. Beginning March 30: W 9am -2pm; Th 10am-6pm
- Needs/Resources: boxes
NECM, 214 Spencer St NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49505, Phone: (616) 454-1097
- Open Tuesday-Thursday from 9:00am-12:30p.m. No appointment necessary.
- Clients are to come to the front door (facing Spencer Street NE). They will receive pre-packed boxes with a standard
assortment of food. Client information will be taken down by a volunteer, we are still asking clients to bring a valid ID
with a valid North East Grand Rapids address (and/or ID with a NE address on a recently dated mail). No delivery at
this time, call to inquire about deliveries for special circumstances.
- Needs/Resources: Accepting all food donations between hours of operation. Greatest needs include dry pasta,
canned fruit, canned tuna and canned chicken. Volunteers needed for packing boxes, produce pick up, and data
North Kent Connect, 10075 Northland Dr NE, Rockford, MI 49341, Phone: (616) 866-3478
- Pantry will operate as a drive-up with pre-packed food boxes. Serving NKC area only. Thrift store, donations,
market, and farm stand are closed until April 6th. Pantry drive-up operations: M, T, W, Th 9-11am and 1-3pm.
- Needs/Resources: NOT excepting any donations of food or thrift store items at this time.
Northwest Food Pantry, 1224 Davis Ave NW, Grand Rapids, MI 49504, Phone: (616) 451-4036
- Open Wednesday April 1 & Friday April 3, 10am-12pm
- Watch Facebook, website, and front doors for day to day changes as days and hours are weather dependent.
- Neighbors will check in at door and wait outside while food bags are packed and left at the door. Serving neighbors only. Bring current piece of mail or utility bill. No deliveries available at this time.
- Needs/Resources: Accepting food donations, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange drop offs. In need
of food for kid-friendly bags, email or call for list of items.
SECOM Resource Center, 1545 Buchanan Ave SW, Grand Rapids, MI 49507, Phone: (616) 452-7684
- SECOM is closed. Pantry is operating to serve those in need of emergency food only.
- Hours: Monday-Wednesday 9:30am-11:45am and 1pm-3:45pm; Friday 9:30am-11:45am. Neighbors are to wait in
their car, call (616) 452-7684 option 3 to receive next steps from pantry staff. Food will be put together and set
outside the main door.
- Needs/Resources: Not allowing volunteers at this time. In need of and accepting food and monetary donations.
Streams of Hope Food Center, 280 60th St SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49548, Phone: (616) 272-3634
- Drive-up pick up service only. Pantry hours: T 6-8pm, Th 11am-1pm, 6-8pm.
The Other Way Ministries, 710 Fulton St W, Grand Rapids, MI 49504, Phone: (616) 454-4011
- Community Resource Center closed. Pantry services available M, W, TH and F 9:30-11:30 and 12:30-2:30pm. Tu
9:30-11:30 and 12:30-6pm. All pantry visitors will use doorbell, choose items from a list, and wait at door for packed
goods. Pantry delivery service is available to those who need it within area. Grab-and-go bags available daily to
adults until supplies run out. TEFAP commodity distribution is scheduled for T, March 24: stay tuned for plans.
- Market Hours: T, TH, F 9am-4pm, First and Third Saturday 10am-2pm
UCOM, 1311 Chicago Dr SW, Wyoming, MI 49509, Phone: (616) 241-4006
- Closed to the public, including market. Those in need of food can call to speak with staff. Pantry Hours: Mon 1-4pm,
Tues/Wed 9-3, Thurs 2-7pm.
Westminster Food Pantry, 47 Jefferson Ave SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49503, Phone: (616) 456-6115
- Church and Open Door Ministry closed. Grab and go groceries available to clients only from 10:30am-2:30pm
on Thursdays (at parking lot door) until further notice.
The Salvation Army Social Services, 1215 East FultonStreet E, Grand Rapids, MI – 49503, Phone: (616) 459-9468
- Hours: 9-11:30am, 1-4pm for food and utility assistance
- Call (616) 459-9468 and remain in car or outside. Staff will bring food out to client. Clients will be asked to complete a phone assessment and verify with picture ID for the Head of Household. If a person(s) does not have phone access, staff will fill out the documentation and ask client to sit in waiting area for their food order. (We have less chairs in our waiting area, and placed them further apart. We have also done the same thing in our computer room. We also will practice and limit person(s) to 4-6 people at a time, and we have available hand sanitizer to use.)
Family Network of Wyoming, 1029 44th St, Wyoming, MI 49509, (616) 885-9919
- Pantry open Mon 2:30-5pm, Wed 1:30-4:30pm Only 6 clients will be allowed in the building at a time. Carts will be
wiped down in between groups and volunteers will be masked and gloved.
St. Alphonsus Parish, 224 Carrier St NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49505, Phone: (616) 451-3043
- Pantry hours: M 9am-1pm; T 9am-12:30pm; W 9am-1pm; Th 9am-1pm. Shopping for food and pantry items is
restricted- only staff and volunteers are allowed in the building. Clients will knock and show ID at the door and be
registered. Staff will bring items to the door and will receive the usual amount based on family size. All other