This list details the modified food services at the Pantry Resource Centers throughout Kent County as response to COVID-19. This is information is evolving and we will update it regularly. If you would like to help, please contact your local food Pantry for the most up to date list of their needs. Please consider financial support to the Pantry Resource Centers and Access of West Michigan as we work together to respond to COVID-19. If you are seeking additional services, please call 211, they will be updating information regularly. Trying to find your local pantry? Use this Pantry Location Finder through the Access website, type in your address to make sure you connect with the pantry closest to you.
List updated as of November 23, 2020.
Baxter Community Center, 935 Baxter St SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49506, Phone: (616) 456-8593
- Hours: M-F 10am-5pm
- Serving the Baxter community only.
Byron Community Ministries, 8250 Byron Creek Dr, Byron Center, MI 49315, Phone: (616) 878-6000
- Hours: Monday 3-5 and Wednesday 11-2, for the months of December, March, June and September: Offering Quarterly USDA commodities.
- Call 878-6000 to schedule appt. Masks required, social distancing and only ONE person per family allowed in the building. Curb side pick-up available for those in at risk groups or without child care. USDA Commodities pick up by appointment during pantry hours.
Flat River Outreach Ministries, 11535 Fulton St E, Lowell Charter Township, MI 49331, Phone: (616) 897-8260
- Hours: T 2-4 pm, W 5-7 pm, F 10am-12pm
- Pantry drive-thru or in person service hours
- Serving area school district and 200% of Federal Poverty Level Guidelines
The Green Apple Pantry, 4307 Kalamazoo Ave SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49508, Phone: (616) 455-9411
- Hours: M 9am-1pm, W & Th 9am-3pm, Fresh Market: Open during Pantry hours
- Pantry will operate with sign-ins via window and box will be left outside for individuals and families. Only serving residents from area. Mobile Market is delivery upon order – taking customer calls and delivering to them.
NECM, 214 Spencer St NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49505, Phone: (616) 454-1097
- Hours: T-Th from 9:00am-12:30p.m. No appointment necessary.
- Clients are to come to the front door (facing Plainfield). They will receive pre-packed boxes with a standard
assortment of food. Client information will be taken down by a volunteer, we are still asking clients to bring a valid ID
with a valid North East Grand Rapids address (and/or ID with a NE address on a recently dated mail). No delivery at
this time, call to inquire about deliveries for special circumstances.
North Kent Connect, 10075 Northland Dr NE, Rockford, MI 49341, Phone: (616) 866-3478
- Pantry Hours: Monday and Wednesday, 9 a.m. – 2:45 p.m., Thursday from 10 a.m. – 4:45 p.m. Pantry is operating indoors following safety guidelines set out by the MDHHS. Serving NKC area only.
- Thrift Store (open to all) and Farm Stand (open to all, located inside the Thrift Store) are open Monday through Saturday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Clothing & Houseware Donations accepted Monday and Wednesday, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m., and Saturday from 8 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Food Donations accepted Monday and Wednesday from 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Northwest Food Pantry, 1224 Davis Ave NW, Grand Rapids, MI 49504, Phone: (616) 451-4036
- Hours: M, W, F 9:30am-12:00pm
- No delivery at this time. Encourage phone orders and appointments available on pantry days from 12-2pm.
SECOM Resource Center, 1545 Buchanan Ave SW, Grand Rapids, MI 49507, Phone: (616) 452-7684
- Pantry hours: T, W 9:00am-3:00pm and F 9:00am-12:00pm
- Neighbors will be required to wear a mask inside, only 1 individual per household allowed in the building, no children, and everyone will be temp checked, use hand sanitizer and asked a few health questions upon entering. We will be requiring them to bring the following documents with them, ID’s for everyone in the household, proof of income and expenses if they have it, and a current piece of mail with their address.
Streams of Hope Food Center, 280 60th St SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49548, Phone: (616) 272-3634
- Pantry hours: T 6-8pm, Th 11am-1pm, 6-8pm.
- Drive-up pick up service only.
- Call for case by case delivery
The Other Way Ministries, 710 Fulton St W, Grand Rapids, MI 49504, Phone: (616) 454-4011
- Hours: M, W, Th 10am-3pm; Tuesday 10am-6pm; Friday 10am-1pm.
- Curb side pick-up available for those in at risk groups or without child care.
- Twelve delivery sports available per week, 6 on Tuesday afternoon and 6 on Thursday afternoon. Order by phone
UCOM, 1311 Chicago Dr SW, Wyoming, MI 49509, Phone: (616) 241-4006
- Pantry Hours: Mon 1-4pm, T/W 9-3, Th 2-7pm.
- Curb Side Only. Call to place order and schedule pick-up time. Call for delivery options
- Market is open during pantry hours Tues-Thurs. People can order over the phone ahead of time or walk up and do an order at the door.
Westminster Food Pantry, 47 Jefferson Ave SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49503, Phone: (616) 456-6115
- Hours: Th 10:30am-2:30pm. Grab and go groceries available to clients only (use parking lot door) until further notice.
- USDA Commodities pick up by appointment during pantry hours
- Church and Open Door ministries closed.
The Salvation Army Social Services, 1215 East Fulton Street E, Grand Rapids, MI – 49503, Phone: (616) 459-9468
- Hours: M-F 9:00 am-11:30 am & 1:00 pm-4:00pm.
- Contactless, curbside pickup
- Pantry Holiday Hours CLOSED
- Thursday, November 26th, 2020
- Friday, November 27th, 2020
- Wednesday, December 9, 2020
- Friday, December 18, 2020
- Monday, December 21, 2020
- Tuesday, December 22, 2020
- Friday, December 25, 2020
Family Network of Wyoming, 1029 44th St, Wyoming, MI 49509, (616) 885-9919
- Pantry Hours: M 2:30-5pm, W 1:30-7:00pm
- Only 6 clients will be allowed in the building at a time. Carts will be wiped down in between groups and volunteers will be masked and gloved.
St. Alphonsus Parish, 224 Carrier St NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49505, Phone: (616) 451-3043
- Pantry Hours: M, W, Th: 9am-1pm; Tu 9am-12:30pm
- Shopping for food and pantry items is restricted- only staff and volunteers are allowed in the building. Clients will knock and show ID at the door and be
registered. Staff will bring items to the door and will receive the usual amount based on family size. All other programs canceled.